Monday, January 23, 2023

Scratch Tickets & Nips: A Long Awaited Return

Hello reader… how have you been? Its been a long ass time since I decided to write for the blog. An extended absence brought to you in part by every day life. I guess that through the years I have found myself doing less of the things I love to do and more of the things I HAVE to do. I apologize for abandoning of this blog. I apologize mostly to myself. 

Writing has always been one of my passions. Wether writing lyrics, writing music, or just free writing to get some thoughts out of my head I have always had a knack for words. A habit….or better yet a skill which I have been neglecting to exercise for the past years…or maybe even decade. 

The recent pandemic, its challenges, isolation, and the experience of watching the world change into something I have never seen before has renewed my sense of inspiration and motivation to return to writing. Just like many of you, I too have been spending too much time at home. I have recently found myself reaching for the occasional scratch ticket as a form of entertainment. The thrill of potentially hitting it big has provided a small escape from the monotony of the self imposed quarantine I find myself in lately.

And let me not forget about the best companion a stack of fresh scratch tickets can have….the beloved nip. A couple of nips and some scratch tickets….and thus I am reminded of this blog and the fact that I miss writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment